Senior Night

Leah Reed, Journalist

Red and White. The pomerettes pose with the Superfans during the first quarter of the football game. The picture was taken by junior and Yearbook staff member Leah Reed. “To be able to still be a part of senior night and take pictures was so fun. I have such a passion for photography, and I was lucky to be able to take the iconic picture,” said Reed. (Leah Reed)

This unusual school year has brought many disappointments for the senior class. However, senior night was a night to remember.

The walkout ceremony took place to recognize the hard work of the football team, cheerleaders, poms and student trainers. “Even though student trainers do not really get recognized as a team, I had a great time at senior night. It was a very surreal experience, and it made me realize that I am going to be graduating soon. I am so happy to have worked with my fellow student trainers, and I will really miss it,” senior Mary Riva said.

The poms performed a routine to ABBA’s “Dancing Queen,” choreographed by the team’s seniors, Colette Methling and Cambri Horner. “Senior night was a night I will never forget. I was so happy to be able to finally celebrate Colette and me. We made lots of fun memories that we will remember for the rest of our lives,” Horner said.

The football team played Kaneland. Highlights of the game included three players getting voted to the I-8 Football All-Conference Team. The players that qualified were seniors Matt Ahearn and Briar Naggs, along with junior Braiden Miller. “The game against Kaneland was good considering the circumstances this entire year put us under. Senior night is always a lot of fun, and this year wasn’t any different from that,” junior Joe Ovanic said.

Although this school year has been nothing short of unpredictable, senior night gave the senior class a little bit of normalcy and a reason for celebration.